Friday, April 15, 2011

Honesty

We walk up to order and I already know what I want and know that I won't be disappointed. I order a cheese burger, fries and a water- because it's healthy, especially in combination with my burger and fries. Mmm. I get my cup and when I get to the drink machine I start to think about all of my options. "Oooh, root beer sounds good.". So I go ahead and fill my cup, put my lid on and take a sip. "good choice.". Oh! Wait! NO! I ordered a water... I had a mini panic attack. "I'm going to get in trouble...or at least that 'she ordered a water and got soda' stare." Nothing happens. Regardless of anyone else noticing this faux pas I go up to the register and tell them what happened, offering to pay. The woman sort of laughed and looking confused said "Oh, don't even worry about it. Thank you." Nothing changed, I could have just not said anything and it would have been the same. No one would have really noticed...right? Wrong. To me it made all the difference in the world. I felt good knowing that I was honest and honestly I think the woman behind the counter felt good. Honesty feels good-whether giving or receiving it- it just feels good. So, after clearing that up I could enjoy my delicious meal and root beer from Five Guys. I love Five Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment