Friday, January 14, 2011

awake.

Good morning! Yes, morning for me on this particular day is, in fact, 11:35. But, nonetheless, I am up and I decided to post something different. For today's photo I'm going to go through the process of how I took this picture (very simple). I just thought it would be fun! Enjoy!


This is my setup: Godiva chocolate lid (love the brown color), espresso cup, coffee beans, and a piece of computer paper (to reflect the bright light coming from the window).


I took a few shots and couldn't get everything I wanted in the shot with out getting part of the paper in the frame. I always try to shoot so that I don't have to crop, but in this case, it was a little unavoidable (especially since there was no one to hold the reflector for me). This shot is SOOC (straight out of camera).


After a crop and a little editing (just a bit of extra contrast).


Add the word for the day and VOILA! Finished product!

Mostly I just wanted to post this to show that even with simple things you have in your house you can make ' something out of nothing'. Photography is all about showing what is in front of you in the most beautiful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment