Friday, March 11, 2011

Anxious-Excited

My entire mind right now is revolved around thinking about shooting my first wedding next weekend. I think about it constantly. Not just being there and doing it but what happens after. Will this be a (huge) stepping stone to where I want to eventually go (I can only hope)? Or just a drop in the bucket, so to speak? Whatever it is or will be- I'm getting very anxious. Anxious-excited. But,definitely anxious with capital 'A'. My dream is to shoot mainly weddings and engagement. This is truly at the core of everything I would like to accomplish. When you're putting your dream out there for anyone and everyone it's a scary thing. Anyone who has a vision of any kind can surely relate. Right...? What if no one likes it? What if no one likes me?What if no one emails or calls for months regarding any type of photography? All these questions keep me wondering and trying to imagine what the future could possibly have in store. But, I need to keep in mind this little thing called...reality. Yes, that little old thing. Realistically, everything will be just fine. Realistically, no one is going to hate everything I do. But, there's still that little bit of uncertainty to wonder upon. Today's outing was a perfect almost-cure for just this type of thing. A place rich with summer memories from when I was younger. I place I loved to be. We camped here every summer for the longest time. I mean real camping. Like bathing in the river camping. Ahhh, the memories... This was a great reminder to me that back then I didn't worry about the future. I didn't worry who would or wouldn't like me or if I would ever get where I wanted to go. In fact, I didn't worry at all (which at times was not such a wonderful thing). If only we could go back to that place of endless imagination and pure delight in the simplest of simple things.


Here are a few photos I took from today:





My mom.


My dad.










No comments:

Post a Comment